My Book-Mrs. Paddington and the Silver Mousetraps
Mrs. Portulaca Purpilopilis
and the Purple Adventure Goggles
Facts to Wow your Friends!
Color Me Amazed.
FUN facts about colors
9. The color wheel was developed by Isaac Newton, in 1666.
10. Studies show that the color pink has a calming effect on people.
11. Can colors effect the taste of something? Studies say that orange cups make people think that a chocolate drink is tastier than other colored cups.
12. Bulls being attracted to a red cape is a myth. They have no preference to colors and any color could cause them to charge. It is the MOVEMENT that attracts the bulls(example:bullfights).
13.Did you know that there was a color called mummy brown? It was ground up mummy and was a favorite of painters of the19th century.
14. At one time (Elizabethan Era in Great Britain), only nobility could wear the color orange. Interesting before 17th century, carrots weremostly purple!
15. Purple was the color of royalty in ancient times. Originally the color came from a sea creature. Like the octopus, the murex, a spiral shellfish, had a gland that was squeezed to get tiny amounts of a yellowish liquid. The sun and air turned the liquid a bluish-red dye. Six pounds of liquid dyed just one pound of wool. It took about 10,000 murex to get enough to dye a garment.
16. The Latin word, "colos"", meaning covering or cover, is where the word "color" came from.
17. China had the world's best graphite for pencils at one time. To show that the graphic in pencils was from China, they were painted yellow (1890s).
18. Bees in an area of France were producing blue and green honey(2012). Seems the bees were eating waste from a factory that made M & Ms!