Remember Our Soldiers
Materials for experiential,active learners
Mrs. Portulaca Purpilopilis
and the Purple Adventure Goggles
Facts to Wow your Friends! NEW: Apple Facts
History For Kids
Tween Tribune-News Stories for Student
DogoNews: Fodder for Young Minds
BBC Website for Kids
In 2017, the Tour de France will begin in Dusseldorf, Germany on July 1st and will end in Paris, France, on July 23rd. It's considered the world's biggest and most exciting bicycling race. It is the 114 year the bicycling race has been held. Athletes competing in the race will travel approximately 3516k(2183 miles) during the 22 day race. Each day(called stages), a leader will be awarded a yellow jersey(or Maillot Jaune in French). In addition to the yellow jersey, there is a polka dot jersey awarded to the best climber(king of the mountains), a white jersey( the best youngest rider) and a green jersey(best sprinter).The Tour de France began in 1903.
See a map with the 2017 route:cyclingweekly.co.uk
Only men compete in the Tour de France.
Approximately,123,900 calories are burned by each rider in the Tour de France.
42000 water bottles will be used by the racers!
Someone figured out that enough sweat is created from racers competing in the 22 day race, to flush a toilet 39 times!
Riders from France have won the most races!(36 as of 2015)
Vocabulary word:Peloton, the term for the "pack" of riders.
1. Write a diary pretending to be one of the cyclists in the Tour de France. What do you see? Feel? Hear?
2.Try this FREE crossword puzzle on France:http://gailhennessey.com/index.shtml?francepuzzler.html
3. Draw/color a picture of a bicycle. Write a fact learned about the Tour de France on your drawing.
4. Read about the Eiffel Tower, one of France's most famous landmarks:https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Eiffel-Tower-Explore-World-Landmarks-773097
5. Learn some fun facts about France:http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/countries/france.html
6. Write a paragraph expressing you view on the fact that women are not allowed to participate.